I'm not one of those people who finish holiday shopping early and I probably never will be. I'd like to think I thrive under pressure but maybe I've just been drinking too much eggnog and playing the Christmas edition of Heads Up to get my shit together. If this is you, no judgment. Here's a quick hit of seven chic and timeless gifts for the women in your life (sorry, guys).
1. I am kind of in love with this pebbled leather travel case set from Cuyana, and their "fewer, better" gifting philosophy. My favorite shade is Blush but I'm also into the Pearl Grey. The subtle, gold monogram is also a beautiful touch. // $110. Available on cuyana.com.
2. What was my life like before I scrubbed regularly? I don't even remember. This scrub by French Girl Organics blends Atlantic sea salt and sugar and, along with coconut oil, shea, coconut, and kokum butters, is a killer exfoliator and moisturizer in one. Certified Organic and zero weird ingredients. // $38. Available on shopfollain.com or Follain at 65 Charles Street, Boston.
3. These brass coasters will last forever and I love that the design is a bit unexpected. I've been lusting after these ever since Goop included them in their Host Gift Guide last year (again this year!) and recently spotted them at one of my favorite Beacon Hill boutiques, Good. // $68. Available on fruitsuperdesign.com or Good at 133 Charles Street, Boston.
4. Carla Caruso has become one of my favorite local designers. She lives in a farmhouse in Ashfield, a town in western Massachusetts, and works from a studio above her garage where she hand-makes all her pieces. I was drawn to her work right away for its ageless, elegant, and minimal aesthetic and particularly love her delicate rings and necklaces. They look great on everyone. // Available on carlacarusojewelry.com or Good at 133 Charles Street, Boston.
5. This wool-cashmere scarf is one of those items that makes leaving your warm, cozy apartment in sub-zero weather tolerable. Everlane is a company that's been on my radar for its effortless layering pieces and transparent pricing model. Also loving this chunky wool sleeveless turtleneck and neutral, structured foldover pouch. //$65. Available on everlane.com.
6. I know its wasteful, but I love new books. I love the crisp pages. This one came out this year and has been on my "to-read" list. Giving someone your favorite book (or one you'd think they'd enjoy) is a sweet sentiment that doesn't have to cost a lot. Its like gifting someone "me time." // Available at Trident Booksellers and Cafe at 338 Newbury Street, Boston, or your favorite local bookstore.
7. I have this dream that I own an espresso machine and finally become a morning person. I wake up every day much earlier than I do now, make a cappuccino, and actually read The Economist. Life is better, all because of an espresso machine. And because I don't wait in coffee shop lines and get cranky. Make that dream a reality for someone. // Available at delonghi.com.